Best Beater For Whipping Cream: Top 9 Brand Reviews
Beaters are used to beat cream, eggs, and other ingredients to create smooth frostings or mousses. It is also used to mix ingredients like cake batter before baking cakes.
Honestly, I love updating my kitchen accessories now and then. But replacing your newly bought gadget every month is an enormous pain!
I have been using a beater for about 8 months now, and I can’t believe how efficiently it saves my time in the kitchen.
So, in this blog post, I’ll help you save valuable time, energy, and money. I will share my 9 top picks for the best beater for whipping cream.
Beaters become a lifesaver when you need to beat egg whites or whip cream at home without going out and buying a special stand mixer.
#1 Magnolia Hand Mixer by Hamilton Beach
This electric hand mixer is a luxurious gift for all magnolia bakery lovers. Magnolia Bakery, the standard of baked goods, has collaborated with hamilton to present this powerful gadget. The sleek design and powerful DC motor make this a perfect tool for mixing and kneading all types of dough, from the softest to the toughest. The slow start feature will help you avoid splatter when starting the mixer. The powerful beater can mix thick ingredients like cake batter or cookie dough without messing.
The hand mixer comes with easy-to-clean metal beaters and a non-slip handle to mix with more ease and comfort.
The mixer is a stainless steel whisk ideal for beating egg whites at higher speeds and stiffer creams, sauces, cookie doughs, etc.
This hand mixer has 5 speed settings: low, medium, high, soft, and ultra-high. Additionally, it has a quick-speed burst button that boosts the speed you want.
The medium speed range is best for whipping cream, perfect for cakes and desserts.
- Noise-free beating experience
- Slow start speed that increases gradually and helps avoid splatters
- 5 adjustable speeds with a power burst button
- Snap-on storage box for holding accessories
- Exceptional quality with 0 negative reviews to date
#2 Mueller Hand Blender
This blender is ideal for whipping heavy cream, egg whites, making meringues, soups, etc. It has a powerful and consistent motor that can handle heavy-duty tasks.
As a beginner in the kitchen, I found it hard to manage the beaters. I don’t have the knack for using them correctly, so I use them like hammering nails!
But now that I know how to use them properly, it’s really amazing how much time they save me.
For instance, when beating egg whites for meringues (like my favorite Raspberry Meringue Pie), I spent about 30 minutes trying to get smooth egg whites without any mishaps or mess-ups. With this Mueller Ultra-Stick Blender, it only took me 5 minutes to achieve my goal!
The copper motor is 3 times more potent than regular motors
The blender comes with a whisk attachment, a milk frother attachment, and an immersion blender. It comes with a recipe booklet to learn how to whip egg whites, make meringues, etc.
It’s dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning it every time you use it. And the price is affordable too.
- 1-year warranty
- The motor doesn't heat up
- Easy-grip and versatile designs
- The mixer blade malfunctions sometimes and separates outs.
#3 Hamilton Beach Electric Hand Mixer
The Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer with Whisk, Traditional Beaters, Snap-On Storage Case, White is an excellent quality mixer that comes at a very affordable price. It is equipped with a high-torque motor (250 WATTS peak power) that provides you with the best mix of your ingredients.
I like how this mixer has 6 speeds, allowing me to pour the batter into cakes and muffins. The speed ranges from a slow stir to a high speed for mixing cream or beating eggs.
It also comes with a whisk attachment, which can be used when blending soups or making egg whites for the meringue topping. This mixer also comes with a snap-on storage case for easy storage and portability when traveling.
The Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer is durable and has been around for years. I have bought one, and it’s still working great!
My husband even uses it to mix his pancake batter before frying them in the pan!
You can use this Hamilton Beach mixer to mix cake batter, pancake batter, whipped cream, eggs, etc. I am sure you will find many uses for this handy hand mixer!
- Built-in-grooves for supporting the mixer on the bowl for rest
- Durable storage case
- Only suitable for light batters, i.e., whipping cream
- The motor slows down shortly
- The coating on the whisk doesn't last longer
#4 Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer
This is the most affordable beater on my list. But that doesn’t mean it’s not good enough.
The Artisan Mini Plus is perfect for small kitchens and small families. It’s an all-purpose tool that can handle everything from mashing potatoes to kneading bread dough.
The tilt-head design allows you to reach every corner of the bowl and scrape the sides when necessary, making cleaning a breeze!
The flex edge beater is soft enough to mix delicate ingredients like whipped cream or egg whites without deflating them or causing any damage to your food processor or stand mixer.
It’s also easy to install this beater into most Kitchenaid stand mixers, so there is no need for you to worry about compatibility issues.
It offers 10 mixing speeds, which is great for creating everything from angel food cake to bread dough. For a decently whipped cream, adjust the speed to 8 and get the fluffiest cream ever.
Pro Tip: To prevent the beater from overheating, you can simply place a thin layer of oil on the edge of the beater. This will make it resistant to heat, keeping it cool for extended periods.
- Tilt-head design and stainless steel bowl provide easier mixing
- lightweight and extremely portable
- Best beater for whipping cream, dough, eggs, and even frozen fruits
- Easy to clean and stainless steel dries faster
- The attachments mentioned in the product description(10+) aren't included in the package. These goodies need to be ordered separately.
#5 Breville Hand Mixer
The BHM800SIL is the best beater I’ve ever used. It’s perfect for whipping egg whites or whipping cream. It has a powerful motor and a large bowl.
The motor is strong enough to beat egg whites and heavy cream. It’s also great for mixing cookie dough and batter, cake batters, glazes, frosting, etc.
It comes with a handy scraper that makes it easy to scoop the batter or dough out of the bowl. It’s also sharp enough to help you scrape off the batter from your mixing bowl.
The scrapers automatically adjust the beater’s speed depending upon the batter’s consistency. The versatile design, storage compatibility, and accessories of the beater will compel you to use it in any way possible.
If you’re looking for a beater that can do more than just whipping cream, this one will be your favorite.
- 1-year warranty
- 9 adjustable speed settings
- Digital display for speed adjustment and power show
- No terrible noise while mixing
- A built-in light feature for monitoring the ingredients being mixed
- The beater is coated with plastic that occasionally comes off while whipping/beating.
#6 KitchenAid Digital Hand Mixer
This is one of the most expensive beaters I have purchased. It is a 7-speed mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and a whisk.
The Turbo Beater II is a powerful beater that mixes 4 times faster than its predecessor.
I like this beater because it has three different speed settings, giving you 3 options for different outputs.
It has different options to increase or decrease speed depending upon the texture, consistency, or type of material. For example, you will be choosing speed 1 for moderate mixing or churning of cream and gradually increase the speed as desired. It accommodates lockable swivel adjustments on either side for securing the cord.
It also has a dough hook and 2 stainless steel beaters. The assembly is quite handy as you are just a button away to attach or dismantle the stainless beater from the body.
I have used this mixer to make whipped cream and meringues. The beater and bowl are very easy to clean, just wash them with a brush, and they will look brand new again!
- Dishwasher safe
- Adjustable speed features
- Removable accessories
- The beater doesn't adjust firmly and may come off
- Sharp edges
- Durable but a bit heavy
#7 Dash Stand Mixer
This compact and easily portable machine is one of the best beaters for whipping cream or batter.
It can be used to make thick or thin batters and is perfect for making frosting. This gadget is perfect for you if you want a mess-free beating environment.
It’s equipped with 6 speeds orientation, a 3-quart mixing bowl, 2 dough hooks, and 2 mixer beaters. With its powerful motor, it will blend ice cream in seconds. The speeds are adjustable, so you can tweak them according to your needs.
I love the dimensions of this product. It weighs less than 5lbs. with a perfect height of 10.4″, which means you can easily drag it over your kitchen cabinets and shelves.
It features a tilt button which makes the bowl easy to remove or slide in different directions. The primary function of each spec is to ensure pain-free beating, kneading, creaming, or whipping operations.
The device has a durable construction that makes it last longer. The bowl and dough hooks are made of stainless steel to be used repeatedly. The device is straightforward to use and comes with a recipe book.
Its compact design and easy-to-grip handle make it extremely portable. This mixer is perfect for those who love creamy frostings, savory desserts, and homogeneously mixed batters.
- 1-year warranty
- Retro design
- 6 different mixing speeds
- Removable bowl and accessories
- Slimy ingredients from the batter may adhere to the side of the bowl
- A bit noisy
- The mixing blades and hooks are found unstable in some cases.
#8 Dash Compact Hand Mixer
The Dash SmartStore™ Electric Hand Mixer is the perfect addition to your kitchen. This small, compact mixer can handle the most basic of tasks.
It has 3 speeds: low, medium, and high, so you can choose which speed suits your recipe needs best.
You can use it to mix up anything from whipping cream to mixing sweet or savory delights. You can also use it for your morning coffee, whip up some eggs or make a smoothie when you’re in the kitchen before work. Its lightweight feature(2.35 pounds) makes it highly portable and easy to handle.
The transparent storage case is spacious enough to accommodate its accessories.
The compact design of these hand mixers allows you to store them on your countertop with ease. The control buttons on top for adjusting the speed and ejecting accessories are game-changers. You won’t struggle with adjustment issues!
I would definitely recommend this product as a gift for anyone who enjoys cooking or baking. It is advantageous and convenient to use in any household.
I gifted this electric hand mixer to my cousin at her wedding, and she swears by its quality. She said it’s powerful and helps make her desserts look professional.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Dishwasher safe
- Adjustable speed
- Sleek design
- Powerful battery
- The package includes beating accessories, a recipe book, and a storage container.
- The iron beater is prone to rust, hence requiring extra attention.
#9 Braun Electric Hand Mixer
The Braun MultiMix 5 is a hand mixer that comes with the right kind of features and functions. Its power is more than its competitors, even at its price range. It has a durable motor with a long life span of rotational cycles. It is equipped with the most advanced technology known in the industry. It comes with 3 attachments, including a whisk, dough hook, and paddle beaters for different tasks in baking.
The one-handed speed control Vario is handy for adjusting 9 different speeds. It’s perfect for whipping heavy cream or making vanilla sugar. The attachments will help you make meringue without using an electric beater or mixer at low speed. The dough hook lets you knead dough without using other tools like knives or forks.
It has a soft-grip handle which makes it easy to operate. The bagless design makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Includes 3 attachments: Whisk, Dough Hook and Paddle Beaters.
- The Motor offers the most advanced technology for the best results in mixing.
- Its Speed Control Vario lets you adjust the speed from low to high.
- The soft-grip handle is perfect for easy movement of the mixer and comfortable use.
- Not an ideal beater for heavy batters
- The turbo speed isn't as powerful as it claims to be
Frequently asked question
I believe in the supremacy of: “no doubts left uncleared.” So here we go for the 3 most frequently asked questions by customers searching for the best beaters for whipping cream.
What are the essential features to notice while being the best beater for whipping cream?
The best beater for whipping cream is a must-have tool if you want to whip the perfect cream. Some of the most essential features to look out for a while buying a whisk are:
- Material: The construction medium can be stainless steel, copper, or brass. A solid stainless steel blade is the best option for whipping cream as it has excellent quality and will not rust.
- Length: The whisk must have a long enough shaft so that you can easily reach inside the bowl without having to bend your body uncomfortably.
- Handle: The beater should also have a long and grip-able handle so that you can stand comfortably while whisking.
- Blade: It is also essential that the beater has a broad blade with a serrated edge so that it is easy to cut through the mixture. This will help prevent clumps of ingredients from forming. Make sure that the blades are not too thick, resulting in poor mixing results. A wide blade provides even mixing results.
- Shaft: Long shaft prevents clumping and gives a smooth whisking experience.
How to clean and store a beater after use?
You must clean your beaters properly before using them again to avoid clumping of ingredients and the formation of bacteria on the blade surface. Cleaning your beaters properly will help you get better results by reducing the chances of getting an infection or getting sick from contaminated ingredients.
Follow these steps for cleaning the beater:
- Soak the blades in lukewarm soapy water for a few minutes to remove dirt and grime.
- After the soaking, rinse the beater thoroughly with cold water to remove any residue.
- Dry the beater with a clean cloth and store it in its storage box to stay clean.
How long does a whisk last?
You must replace your whisk every year. It will help you get better results by reducing the chances of getting sick from contaminated/rusted ingredients. The average life span is 2 years, but some have reported that their beaters lasted for up to 3 years because they were keen on cleaning them properly.
Final Take Away
These 9 best blenders for whipping cream can help you in many vital tasks inside our kitchen. I personally loved the Magnolia Bakery 5-Speed Electric Hand Mixer by Hamilton Beach. It is pretty minimal yet the most convenient and powerful beater I’ve ever used. Your choice could b different than mine; I would love to hear back from you!