Best Electric Skillet For Frying Chicken- Top 8 Brands That Stand Out
Cooking, frying, roasting, sauteing, or grilling has never been easy. Bulk cooking had always been a challenge until I got my hands on the electric skillet. It has helped me a lot in almost every kitchen task.
I have been using a pan for years and have tried different brands, sizes, and shapes. I have tested the products from all over the world. I had a useful mini electric skillet, but it got broken after a few days. Then, I decided to get an electric skillet for frying chicken.
The best electric skillet for frying chicken is one that has:
- An adequate surface area
- Equal distribution of heat,
- A lid with good air circulation
- A heavy base so the skillet doesn’t tip over while cooking at a high temperature
- And one that can withstand high heat without getting burnt or melting the food.
A great skillet will never disappoint you, whether it’s a family dinner, during the rainy season, or cooking something in bulk to preserve for longer (i.e., tomato sauce). You can also use it for cooking anything from fried eggs to chicken wings, pancakes, or anything else without any splatters or messes!
If you want quick alternatives to conventional frying, then an electric skillet will help you save time and energy by using less oil and fewer calories.
Great manufacturing companies keep the current trends in mind. I’ve come across skillets that lock the nutrition inside your food and make your meals wholesome.
But is getting the best electric skillet for frying chicken that easy?
I’ve scanned all over the internet to help you find the best electric skillet for frying, roasting, or all primary cooking operations.
Here we go!
8 Best electric skillet for frying chicken
#1 Proctor Silex Electric Skillet
This product is number on my list as the best electric skillet for frying chicken because It has a large flat surface area, which is not only excellent for frying but also other types of cooking such as boiling, or cooking meat. The handles are non-slip, so you can safely move the skillet from one place to another.
The skillet is made of heavy-duty aluminum that ensures even and fast heating of the pan. When you use this skillet, you won’t find any hot spots on the surface. The temperature is always consistent throughout the whole cooking surface.
The lid opens up wide, which gives plenty of room to cook anything on top of it. You can even try it for steaming vegetables or boiling water for pasta or rice.
The Proctor Silex electric skillet is an affordable option that offers excellent value for money and will serve you well in any kitchen task you throw at it!
- 144 sq inches – large enough to make a meal for 4 people at once; has a flat surface for frying and boiling
- Non-slip handles – you can safely move the skillet from one place to another; it has a large and flat surface area, which is excellent for frying, boiling, or cooking meat.
- Distributes heat evenly – there are no burnt marks or spots on meat; the temperature is always consistent throughout the cooking procedure.
- The lid opens up wide – giving plenty of room to cook anything on top of it; you can even use it for sauteing, boiling, or simmering.
- Easy to clean – It's dishwasher safe so that cleanup will be easy and fast. There are no nooks or deep corners where food gets stuck in. You can also wipe it down with a damp cloth if needed.
- It is lightweight, so I would not recommend using it for cooking anything that tends to stick to the bottom of pans.
- Not an excellent choice for deep frying.
- Needs an adapter for connecting to electricity and power outlets may trouble.
#2 Nesco Electric Skillet
The Nesco electric skillet is one of the most convenient and easy-to-use kitchen products. It has a non-stick interior surface that makes cooking and cleaning a breeze.
The unique induction base allows you to use it on any flat surface, unlike the other electric skillets that need to be placed on top of a heating element. This is especially useful if you don’t have access to an outlet in your kitchen or if you have limited counter space.
The skillet comes with an 8″ non-stick skillet, perfect for frying or searing up to eight chicken wings or four chicken breasts at once. In addition, the lid is large enough to fit over all my pots and pans without any hassle. The handles are also heat resistant, so I can safely move them around while cooking.
- The product heats up really fast.
- It's very easy to clean,, and the non-stick surface makes cooking much more effortless.
- The handles are heat resistant, so I don't have to worry about getting my hands burned.
- I found the buttons too small and hard to press, especially when cooking with oil in the skillet.
- The temperature control doesn't work well, so it's better if you learn how to set the temperature manually. However, I'd recommend this one of the best electric skillets for frying chicken!
#3 Presto Electric Skillet
The Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet with Glass Cover is an excellent buy for a multi-purpose electric skillet.
The skillet comes with a tempered glass cover to monitor the cooking process. It has an enormous cooking capacity to cook large meals at once.
This is one of the best electric skillet for frying chicken because it has an adjustable thermostat, perfect for all kinds of cooking.
The thermostat can be adjusted from 400 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, giving you total control over your cooking.
The base and the body of this unit are made up of cast aluminum, making it durable and long-lasting, and easy to clean after use.
It comes with an indicator light that turns on when the thermostat is switched on, making it easier to use.
It has built-in cord storage in the base, convenient for storing the power cord after use.
- It heats up quickly, saving you time and energy.
- It distributes heat evenly, so your food gets cooked to perfection every time. The non-stick surface doesn't adhere to food particles and makes it easy to clean after use. It is easy to store as it has built-in cord storage at the unit's base.
- The cooking temperature adjusts automatically and can also be tailored manually.
- Skillet can be safely immersed in water and dishwashing liquids.
- The lid can be a little flimsy and hard to use. It can shatter or cause scald burns through vapors coming out of it.
- The non-stick coating may crack and come off after a few uses.
#4 Dash Electric Skillet
This is the perfect skillet for a family of up to four. You can cook a dozen eggs, roast chicken, or even bake an entire loaf of bread. This is not only one of the best electric skillet for frying chicken but also a practical choice.
It will not disappoint you.
The product is a 20 cup capacity electric skillet, ideal for cooking in bulk. The non-stick surface makes cooking and cleaning very easy. It has a dimension of 16.5 x 18.9 x 6.7 inches and weighs 9.4 pounds.
The best part about buying this skillet is that it comes with a recipe book, so you will never run short of creative ideas on the stuff you can cook.
It’s also extensively safe to use in your kitchen because it’s made of PFAO-free material and has an adjustable thermostat to adjust the temperature according to your needs.
It comes with a handle for easy gripping, and the power cable is about 10 feet long.
- It's big enough for most families with up to 6 members (5 Quats).
- Easy to use temperature control dial (can reach as high as 425°F)
- It's safe to use because it has a thermostat that controls the temperature according to your needs and prevents overheating.
- It comes with a recipe book, so you won't ever run out of ideas on what you can cook.
- The skillet is a bit heavy compared to other skillets.
- The price is slightly higher than competitors.
#5 Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill
This is one of the best electric skillets for frying chicken. It’s a stainless steel skillet, which can be used on any stovetop and induction ranges, including electric.
The skillet has a 6-inch-diameter cooking surface with a non-stick coating that can be easily cleaned.
It comes with two handles built on ergonomic design, making it easy to hold on to while frying or roasting.
The skillet is also dishwasher safe which means easy cooking and no aggressive scrubbing. It also has a removable drip tray, preventing food splatter during cooking and cleaning.
It provides up to 6 servings at once and a 1-year warranty. It keeps the meat tender and juicy, and the non-stick coating makes it easy to clean.
- This multi-purpose skillet doesn't limit your potential to grilling alone. It can serve as a pizza stone, burgers, and searing veggies and fruits.
- It's dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning a cinch.
- It has a non-adhesive coating that prevents food from splattering during cooking and cleaning.
- The handles are ergonomic, stylish, and easy to grip while cooking.
- It performs well on all stovetop surfaces, including an induction range.
- It leaves the grill marks but doesn't give the actual BBQ taste.
- The handles get hot while cooking, so it might be wise to use oven mitts while holding the skillet on the stovetop.
#6 Elite Gourmet Electric Skillet
This electric skillet has all the features you need for your cooking needs.
It is made of a non-stick interior and is easy to clean. It has a glass vented lid and probe release. This electric skillet can fit in any standard 12″x12″ oven, perfect for family dinners, parties, or other occasions where baking is essential.
It’s made of scratch-resistant material and has a low-temperature setting for frying or sauteing at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
I used this pan to make scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, fried eggs with cheese on top, fried potatoes, grilled chicken breasts, etc. I was thrilled with the results of my cooking tasks!
The best electric skillet I have ever had was this one!
If you’re on a strict budget and want the best electric skillet for frying chicken that is affordable yet durable, this might be your perfect choice!
- Non-stick interior
- Glass vented lid
- Probe release
- Scratch-resistant material
- Low temperature setting for frying or sauteing at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The probe used to check the temperature is difficult to use.
- The glass vented lid makes it a bit difficult to clean.
#7 Crux Electric Skillet
This skillet is made with cutting-edge technology that ma PTFE/PFAO free. It has the capacity of 6 quarts and can serve as the best deep fryer and simmer for bulk cooking.
It has a non-stick surface which allows you to prepare all kinds of foods without worrying about sticking or getting burned.
The stainless-steel interior and exterior make it very durable as well. The handle is also long enough to give you proper leverage while cooking.
The temperature probe helps maintain the temperature of oil, butter, or other liquids so that they don’t burn or stick to the skillet, which can be a big problem with other models.
The removable probe makes it easy to clean. And even though this model is made from stainless steel, it’s not very heavy and thus easy to move around the kitchen.
- Comes with a temperature probe
- Has a non-stick surface
- Is PTFE/PFAO free
- It might not be suitable for low-temperature cooking
- The heating element is unstable and doesn't fit equally for all cooking operations.
#8 Cuisinart Oval Electric Skillet
This electric skillet is an excellent choice for people looking to get the most out of their kitchen.
Its non-stick surface makes it easy and fast to use. Meanwhile, its power setting and temperature control let you ensure that you get the best results from your cooking operation.
The power output is 1500 watts, which means you can cook about two pounds of food. The temperature can reach as high as 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
The surface is non-stick, which means it can be used for frying, baking, and sauteing.
Its capacity to hold enough food t once makes it perfect for buffet dinners. You can cook different varieties of food such as sandwiches, pancakes, or even chicken.
There’s a convenient handle on the side of the skillet to help you lift it up and down while using it.
It’s dishwasher safe, so you no longer have to worry about harsh scrubbing or cleaning by hand. Now you can save your time and energy by handing over your duties to the dishwasher.
It has an oval shape that fits easily on your stovetop or oven. It’s covered with brushed stainless steel, giving it an elegant look and feel that perfectly matches your kitchen décor.
This cooker comes with a lid that doubles as a griddle plate. It also has an adjustable thermostat and timer, which lets you set it so that it switches off automatically on reaching the desired temperature.
It’s also stainless steel, so you will be able to keep this electric skillet clean.
- Its non-stick surface makes it easy and fast to use
- Its power output is 1500 watts, which means that you can cook about two pounds of food at once
- Its lid doubles the size of a griddle plate, so you can cook multiple dishes in one skillet.
- It comes with a cookbook with up to 30 recipes that could be of great help for beginner chefs.
- It's stainless steel, so you will be able to keep this electric skillet clean.
- Built with BPA-free material, which means your cooking is free from plasticized materials and resins.
- The Cuisinart skillet is a bit pricy compared to other electric supplies with the same features.
- The heating element doesn't work correctly in some cases.
The bottom line
Electric skillets are one of the most convenient, affordable, and healthy options for all your cooking needs. But, the most significant challenges one might face could be:
- Even distribution of heat
- The aperture of the skillet
- Height or size of the lid
I’ve listed the top 8 favorite choices for best electric skillet for frying chicken, grilling, or other cooking operations. You can choose the one that goes great with your needs, expertise, and cooking space. So, read the reviews carefully and select the one that meets your preferences.